CEREC Dentistry for Crowns, Veneers & Inlays
Are you busy at work and unable to visit the dentist multiple times? CEREC is the perfect solution for you.
These days you don’t have to wait for your new crown, veneer, onlay or inlay – thanks to the revolutionary CEREC* technology at Dentalogica Dental Practice.
We are one of the few dentists in Essex to have the CEREC technology.
How Does CEREC* Technology Work?
Dentists at our clinic will prepare your tooth in the normal way he/she would before fitting a crown or a veneer.
At this point, instead of using “dental putty” to take an impression of your tooth, a digital image is taken using a special camera. This image is then converted into a 3D computerised model of your tooth, which is used as a guide to design your new restoration.
Once your dentist is happy with the newly designed tooth, this data is sent to an onsite milling machine, which fabricates your new tooth from a high-quality ceramic block.
The milling process can take anywhere from as little as 6 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the exact technology and complexity of the tooth.
Our latest CEREC MCXL machine can mill a crown in as little as 6 minutes.
* CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction) is a method of CAD/CAM dentistry developed by W. Mörmann and M. Brandestini at the University of Zurich in 1980 for creating dental restorations.
Using CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing), this process allows dentists to construct, produce, and insert individual ceramic restorations directly at the point of treatment (chairside) in a single appointment, rather than over multiple appointments with lab side working between.
What Are The Benefits of CEREC?
There is a number of advantages of CEREC over other conventional dentistry procedures.
- The full treatment is completed in one visit – you don’t need to visit the dentist multiple times. Crowns, Veneer or dental fillings are done in a day.
- As the entire procedure takes about an hour per tooth, paitent will only need one set of local anaesthetic injections.
- The CEREC CAD/CAM is more accurate than making a restoration from conventional impressions and the dentist can quickly make a second one if necessary.
- In CEREC dentistry, we use Ceramic material, so there will be no metal fillings in your mouth.
Cerec – CAD Dentistry. Tomorrow’s dentistry practiced today.
Where science meets art.