Broken & Chipped Teeth
Is a chipped or broken tooth a dental emergency?
Yes! A chipped or broken tooth is a dental emergency. Even if the tooth is not causing pain, it will be getting worse and could lead to more complications later.
Anyone with a chipped tooth please contact our friendly team NOW.
Dentalogica are UK Pioneers in Effective, Painless & Anxiety Free Dentistry!
Just broken or knocked out your tooth?
Contact the dentist as soon as you notice your broken teeth – your dentist will advise the most effective and affordable way to repair your precious teeth.
If you find the teeth, keep it in milk and bring it to the dental practice!
Your dentist will put your tooth back using necessary procedures and check for the correct position using an X-ray.
If you can’t find your tooth, the dentist will fill up the space using one of the following:
Once you have made contact with one of our team, we will make an appointment for you to visit one of our caring dentists.
When you visit the dentist, he/she will examine your mouth and alleviate any pain as a priority.
Wherever possible the tooth will be repaired permanently on the day.
If the problem is more complex, the tooth will be made safe with a temporary filling, before further appointments are arranged to fix the tooth permanently.
As always we promise your treatment will be completed professionally and painlessly.
There are many causes to breaking teeth:
- Tooth decay softens the tooth from the inside out. Tooth decay is the most common cause of broken teeth.
- Large fillings weaken teeth and can cause teeth to crack and break. This particularly true with amalgam (silver) fillings.
- A strong blow to the face or jaw from a fall, punch and object can result in broken teeth.
- Chewing or biting hard objects; like nuts, sweets, fruit stones or meat bones.
- Tooth grinding and clenching put teeth under enormous pressure and this can result in teeth wearing away, thinning or breaking.
- Acids from the diet and the body can result in the weakening of teeth which results in teeth thinning and breaking.
At Dentalogica, our dentists make a thorough examination of your teeth to accurately identify the cause of your broken teeth and treat them appropriately.
If your smile is not becoming to you, then you should be coming to me!