Our mouths are full of bacteria. Some of the harmful bacteria create plaque on our teeth. Plague is one of the main reasons behind Periodontal or gum diseases.
People usually don’t show signs of gum disease until they are in their 30s or 40s. Often gum diseases are painless. So it is important to understand the signs of gum diseases. So that you can see your dental hygienist for gum disease treatment and keep it healthy in future.
11 Most Common Signs of Gum Diseases
- Halitosis (bad breath) – persistant bad breath can often be a sign of gum disease.
- Dental abscess – a collection of pus that can form inside the teeth, in the gums, or in the bone that holds the teeth in place. It’s caused by a bacterial infection.
- Gums that easily bleed when brushing or flossing
- Swollen, red or tender gums
- Loose teeth that can make eating difficult
- Excess salive in your mouth
- Sharp or dull pains when chewing foods
- Teeth that are overly sensitive to cold or hot temperatures
- Gums that recede or move away from the tooth
- A change in the way your teeth come together
- A change in the fit of partial dentures
If you are seeing one of the above symptoms, it is likely you are suffering from gum diseases. Contact our dental hygienist today for professional advice. Call us on 01376 513100 or fill out the contact form to arrange an appointment.